Even Glock doesnt do that. Daily Deals Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM .308 Win Kryptek Highlander Rifle - AA9613 Rating: (124) $1,799.99 $1,599.99 Add to Cart Stock Caliber Rating Price Apply Interestingly, the best trigger pull was always the first full stroke. Outside of that one issue with the magazine failing to feed, the gun ran cleanly. He was replaced on January 17, 2020, by Bret Vorhees, formerly the vice president of sales and marketing at Walther Arms. The "C," for "compact" denotes this model is shorter in both length and height than the standard G3. Just picked up a new G3C and haven't had the chance to get to the range with it, back injury is causing me all kinds of grief, don't ever hurt your back guys, it sucks, lol. The new RIA 5.0 Sporting Pistol from Rock Island Armory features a patented RVS Recoil system that maximizes barrel mass and linear movement to give shooters super soft recoil. Stocky's Owner Don Bitz walks David Faubion through the company's new rifle stocks for 2023. But not all striker triggers are created equal. Going into the ergonomics of the G3C, it has a series of texture pads on the grip that are aggressive and stick to the hand well, even when wet. Although ideal for use outside the home, the G3C is also very accurate for its size, especially at ranges under 15 yards, making it ready to stand in for home defense as well. Like the slide, these controls now have an upgraded finish. So, whats different? The slide can now be pressed forward off of the frame. The third-generation trigger pack on the Taurus G3C is probably the best one the company has ever marketed. Pillen Signs Constitutional Carry | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Armed in Gotham | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Burdette Custom Holsters Detective OWB SA-35 Leather Holster, The Keefe Report: True Velocity's Leap | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Keefe Report: On The Range With An American Hero | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Trust But Verify: Function-Checking Your Guns | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rifleman Review: Winchester Wildcat 22 SR | An Official Journal Of The NRA, WATCH: 2022 National Sporting Clays Championship | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, WATCH: Colt Python Revolver History | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, I Have This Old Gun: Colt Military 1908 Pocket Hammerless | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Terry Carbine | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: U.S. Army M1871 Rolling Block | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Armed Citizen protected by Smith & Wesson, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen April 28, 2023, The Armed Citizen April 28, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Armed Citizen April 24, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Armed Citizen April 21, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson Model 350 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Whats in the Washington State Gun Ban | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Hunters and Beyond: NRA Women Are All Under One Roof, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Colorado Bill Defining Wolves as Experimental Population Heads to House Floor Today, Hardware: Henry Single Shot Turkey Shotgun | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Duke Cannon Supply Co. Best Concealed Carry Insurance in 2022. by Mike. Remington - Umc Ammo 9mm Luger 115gr FM. If youre already a fan of the new G3 trigger, be sure to try out the improved trigger on the G3c. The reset is short, less than a half-inch, and tactile. But, the only 9mm ammo they had available at the gun shop was Federal 124 gr. When concentrating in two-handed slow-fire at 15 yards, we were able to keep a magazine load inside a ragged baseball-sized group. The G3C comes with three 12-round magazines and metal sights. It premiered quickly without much build-up, no big NRA or SHOT Show reveal. Small 9 mm pistols like this one can produce snappy levels of felt recoil depending on the loads selected. Taurus has suffered from quality-control issues in the past, but I'm glad to report that the G3c was just as healthy of a specimen as the G3. Made from premium-grade, vegetable-tanned leather, the Burdette Custom Holsters Detective SA-35 holster is a custom outside-the-waistband (OWB) model for the Springfield Armory SA-35 semi-automatic pistol. Taurus was just like, bam, here it is. Travis is a former United States Marine Corps Infantryman and currently a firearms writer, instructor, and works in Emergency Management. So, for those of you out there with a lot more experience with this type of firearm, or shooting 9mm ammo in particular, what would your recommendations be for the best ammunition for a G3C, or any sub-compact pistol, and is +P too much ammo for this gun. This is a plus for those who prefer to manipulate the slide from the front end. Related: Comparing the G3C to Other Compact Pistols. The magazine well and polymer base plates of the 12-round magazines share matching dimples on both sides. The pistol's serial number can be found in no less than four locations. Many people like to claim Taurus makes good revolvers but bad automatics. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The Taurus G3c is a legit choice for an affordably-priced pistol. I feel blessed getting to text with the great Ryan Cleckner. This helps to protect the shooting hand from getting pinched during reloads and prevents the base plate from nibbling at the palm when the pistol recoils. The 12-round mags are the same mags used in the Taurus G2 series. Granted you are going to pay a bit more for this pistol, but it has the ability to rank right up there with some other favorites like the Sig P365. service@guns.com The addition of front serrations is excellent. The top of the slide on the G3c is flat and unmarked landscape, but at the front and rear are metal sights. These will allow the use of Docter Noblex, Vortex Venom, Burris Fastfire, Sightmark Mini, Trijicon RMR, Holosun HS407C, C-More STS2, and Leupold Delta Point series red dots. (As Tested)Safeties: Left Side Manual, Firing Pin Block, Trigger SafetyMagazine Release: ReversibleOverall Length: 6.30"Height: 5.10"Slide Width: 1.00" to 1.05"Grip Width: 1.10"Weight: 21.9-oz. The .38 Smith & Wesson Special, designed in 1898, rocked the handgun realm with its ballistic performance making it a cartridge for the history books. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. After the round fires, the striker resets. Lots of the parts feel somewhat plasticky, especially the safety. It is possible to have the first round double action. over the standard model is about $110 more, making it very attractive. After several weeks of hard use, our G3C could still pass for gently used, even though it has been both carried and shot far more than your average Taurus. They're not overly aggressive, and there are only three of them in the front, but they get the job done. Of those, 999 went bang without issues, with one failure to extract on Wolf steel case from an old box (hey, we are getting low on ammo and reaching way back into the vault these days). I love both podcasts as well as your NSSF videos. | Truthfully, I wish the majority of the G3c frame was covered in this texture rather than with shapes that make me think of a lava lamp. I love this gun as my home protection and personal carry iv put 1000 rounds through it with no issues I did upgrade the slide spring and striker guide to stainless steel and fiber optic sights to make it even more durable and for the price I am very happy with it. A friend just bought one of these at Academy to replace a PT709 Slim as a carry piece. With a high grip, I get a nasty slide bite. Get discounts from top brands and our latest reviews! Final Verdict. If Taurus reads this, please redesign those levers to make them more user-friendly. Steve, what is the secret to winning all those guns!? New and certified used handguns, shotguns, rifles. You cannot manually decock the weapon, and the double-action trigger only comes into play if the single action does not fire the weapon. UPC 7-25327-62636-7. Stay in the know. The Taurus G3C has right-hand-sided Teflon-coated surface controls to include a functional frame-mounted manual safety lever, whether you want it or not. The thumb safety lever is not plastic, but is in fact steel. Very accurate, easy to handle. take up with a firm stop before breaking cleanly with 4-lbs. UPC 7-25327-62565-. With these upgrades and a suggested retail price of $306, the G3c is well-positioned to compete with popular concealed carry 9 mm Luger pistols that cost more while offering a budget-friendly . (Taurus Optic Ready Option) and the compact G3c T.O.R.O. The G3 series was released with a new trigger system that feels like it belongs on a more expensive pistol. This wider safety lever makes a helluva difference in the tactile feel experienced when drawing it to the rear as compared to the thin bladed safety lever that exist on the G2c. Is the subcompact Taurus G3C the best budget polymer handgun on the market today? trigger pull.At the shooting range, the G3c proved to be utterly reliable with all of the test ammunition fired, including practice-grade and premium defensive hollow point loads. The slide of the G3c sets this compact apart from the discontinued Millennium series and G2c. The G3C is not a compact handgun variant of the G3 but the successor to the very popular G2C handgun. Taurus G3X. I havei have owned the older millennium pro G2 and the G3c I like the the crisp trigger on the G3c . The single-action travel is just as long as the double-action trigger. With the basics outta the way, lets jump into some cool accessories you might want to consider when purchasing your Taurus G3C. I really like the size and capacity. Speaking of replacement, the G3 series uses standard Glock-spec dovetails and front post sizes so just about any Glock aftermarket sights can be used. ive had the G3c for over a year. Emptying a G3c mag take a little longer than most compacts, as its magazine holds a sum of 12 rounds. Such a transfer can be done at the user level in about five minutes with the aid of a YouTube video and a flat-head screwdriver. Be advised you will need a sight replacement tool for the front and it is a good idea to have a sight pusher to replace the rear. Currently shipping in an all-black finish, this pistol will be available in additional color options along with 15 and 17-round magazines.Specifications:Manufacturer: Taurus USAModel: G3cAction: Short Recoil, Locked-Breech Semi-Auto, Striker FiredCaliber: 9 mmSlide: Matte Black Tenifer Treated Carbon SteelCocking Serrations: Front and RearFront Sight: Metallic White DoteRear Sight: Metallic Serrated Square Notch, Drift Adjustable RearBarrel: 3.2" Stainless Steel, Polished Feed RampFrame: Matte Black PolymerControls: Metallic with Black Teflon FinishAccessory Rail: 1.25" 1-Slot MIL-STD-1913Grip: Wrap-Around Aggressive TexturingTrigger: Single-Action with Restrike CapabilityTrigger Pull: 4-lbs. I use this method because the safety is somewhat cheesy. As a dude with XL sized hands, I find most compact guns to be a bit small. Instruction Manual. The touch points of the G3 grip are smooth, with the exception of six 1.50" tall, molded in textured panels to provide added purchase on all four sides.The texturing of these panels is aggressive, with rough-grit feel comparable to skateboard tape or sand paper, but its isolated to those points along the shooting hand palm and fingers where added control is most useful. When firing, that textured grip provides an easy to hold, and the gun never tries to work its way out of your hand. Controls can be manipulated without changing your grip and accuracy is there for the expected closer-range self-defense scenario. Surrounding the main event, I was allowed to survey the companys future wares and learned of a few cancellations. Inside, a bright yellow follower is easy to see through the ejection port when the slide is locked to the rear. For those wanting to use a micro red dot sight, the Taurus G3C Taurus Optic Ready Option (T.O.R.O.) With its 12+1 magazine capacity, should the user elect to carry a reload magazine with them as well, the Taurus provides 25 rounds of 9mm at hand in a package that weighs in the neighborhood of two pounds. The trigger guard is curved and rounded along the front edge, to serve as a support hand finger rest, and undercut where it meets the grip for added comfort. Its smaller than your traditional compact, like a CZ P10C or Glock 19, but larger than subcompacts like the Glock 26. I liked my first G3C very much, I upgraded the front sights with a truglo sight. Its a simple gun that keeps the Taurus tradition of affordability. Ruger's multi-role small frame autoloading rifle - Sear - combines AR-10 power with AR-15 Portability. To me, the most notable improvement for the Taurus G3 handgun seems to be the G3Cs ability to utilize Glock pattern sights and SIG Sauer P226 magazines. As such, the company warns that heavy use of +P ammo may shorten the useful life of the firearm. Then you can push the slide from the frame and remove the barrel and recoil assembly for cleaning. It's stamped to the front support block and can be seen through a left side cutout in the polymer frame. From a practical perspective, I do like this trigger, and it does offer something different than 99% of the striker-fired guns on the market. This gun also fills the niche of home defense and glove box gun for many users. The compact pistol price points appeal to those on a budget. At the top of the grip, on both sides, are ridged depressions that act as thumb rests. The Taurus G3C fits into an odd category of concealed carry guns size-wise. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Add in the Taurus limited lifetime warranty, and this gun suddenly becomes very attractive. Release the slide and then press the trigger. I also recently won a GX4 in a raffle and I love that gun too. I do think the gun offers quite a bit of value for the price. The Compact design points the gun towardsconcealed carry. In fact, both pistols exhibited the same clean, consistent 4-lbs. The Taurus G3C is not flashy, and the company previously earned a spotty reputation for having less than optimal semi-auto pistols, which stacks the cards against the gun in the eyes of many potential users. The G3c met most of our expectations in terms of accuracy with groups generally ranging between 2 and 3 inches from a bench at 25 yards using five loads. However, the G2 at least worked when you pulled the trigger, even if it did tend towards rust. I wouldnt give it as great of a grade if say it was over $600. The price difference on the Taurus G3C T.O.R.O. New options included the American-made TX22 rimfire pistol, lightweight versions of the six-shot Model 856 concealed carry revolver and the G3 9 mm semi-auto.

What Does Driver's Initials Mean On An Application, Articles R

Copyright ©️ Lemon Studios 2023, All rights reserved.