i won a henry 30-30 at a frinds of the nra dinner and it is a fine rifle excpt for the rear sight so i put a scope on it.i have a marlin in 30-30 and a modle 71 winchester in .348 which comes close to the henry in fit and finish but is not quite as smoth .with out a recoil shield or butt pad you will not shoot the .348 more than three times from the bench while i can shoot the others all day with out to much discomfort. .44 Mag/Spl, .45 Colt, .357 Mag/.38 Spl, .327 Fed Mag, .41 Magnum. Recently purchased a 22LR Golden Boy and must say, it has the smoothest action and is the flattest shooting rifle in my gun safe. With a well adjusted and stable sight, these are very accurate rifles. It comes chambered in .44 Mag. Read the report I just posted on the review board about my trip to the gun range last month. These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. Brass is a fairly soft metal which glides smoothly over many other metals. The information collected is anonymous and only helps us improve our site, and your experience. Mine has one tiny spot that is almost impossible to see so Im insanely protective of it. I have shot Winchesters & Marlins & they are good, but the Henry; well, its a Henry! Much of the Big Boys weight is carried in its octagon barrel, which makes it very steady on target. [emailprotected]. I also own two .22 magnums, one with a Skinner Sight, one with a scope. Creighton Williams Abrams Jr. was a general in the United States Army. I am real excited right now because I am going to West Texas Thursday for four days and am taking all the Henrys and plenty of ammo. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. Didnt you get that backwards? about the strength and durability of the non-steel receiver, my search for Big Boy Frame Failure didnt turn up a single complaint. He has responded to me on every question and has more than delivered on his word. Great review of a new classic! So last week I called Henrys to find a fix. I actualy started reloading 44 mags so I can shoot my Henry more often. We should do a side-by side comparison of the Henry with the Uberti Henry 1866. Got it for $400. This gun is already pretty well customized. Overall Rating: * * * * 1/2 Henry Repeating Arms Our Big Boy models will push a 240-grain projectile up to 1600 feet per second, more than enough energy to take any North American game with a well-placed shot. Straight out of the box with any adjustments at all I was able to put 10 rounds all within 2 inch pattern and that was standing not bench rest, so Id say its as accurate s you can ask for. The Henry Big Boy is a lever-action centerfire rifle with a fully octagonal 20-inch barrel, a solid brass receiver, and a 10-round tubular magazine. I have ordered the Golden Boy 22 mag. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore reserves the right to modify or change pricing information or descriptions without notice. I cant wait to shoot the .17HMR. Henry Big Boy Order of the Arrow 44 Magnum Lever-Action Rifle with American Walnut Stock, Henry Big Boy Color Case Hardened 44 Mag / 44 Special Lever-Action Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy Order of the Arrow Centennial .44 Mag / 44 Special Heirloom RIfle, Henry Big Boy Carbine Color Case Hardened 44 Mag / 44 Spl Lever-Action Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy X .44 Mag/.44 Special Lever-Action Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy 44 Mag / 44 Special Color Case Hardened Side Gate Lever-Action Rifle, Henry Big Boy Wildlife 2nd Edition .44 Mag Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy .44 Mag God Bless America Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy Eagle Scout Centennial Tribute Edition .44 Mag Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy All-Weather .44 Mag/44 Spl Lever-Action Rifle, Henry Big Boy 44 Mag/44 Special Color Case Hardened Lever-Action Side Gate Carbine with Large Loop, Henry Big Boy 44 Magnum Lever Action Heirloom Rifle, Henry Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum Lever Action Rifle, Henry Big Boy 44 Magnum Lever Action Octagon Rifle, Henry Big Boy 44 Magnum Lever Action Rifle with Large Loop, Henry Big Boy Carbine 44 Magnum Large Loop Lever Action Rifle, Henry Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum Lever Action Rifle with Large Loop. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. It would not feed these rounds at all, jammed on every cycle. Dropping cartridges down a tube isnt the handiest way to load a rifle, although it can be less painful than getting your fingers jammed in the loading gate of a Marlin or Winchester design. Henry Big Boy X Models: Features and Specs Let's start with a quick overview of the basics. You should expect to receive some discount from our M.S.R. I just purchased and picked them up this week end a 357 Magnum, 44 Magnum, 22 Magnum, 45 long colt and a 30-30. I bought my Henry Big Boy .45LC a couple years ago right before the prices went up. At 100 yards Im usually a basket case with iron sights; I can empty a National Match Garand into a CMP target and only land thee shots on the black. I have much lesser guns that I have paid much more for. Anyway, just had to do something to settle down, so I thought Id spend a few hours trying to say thanx for the critique and all the comments. I have the .22 mag version with the octagon barrel, and my bands are metal. While I love my Winchester 94 (.44 mag) its action is nowhere near as perfect as the Henrys. 296 federal primers. You dont want a seized-up lever when that moose is in your sights, so dont forget to Loctite the lever screw. I was shooting heavy self defense rounds and the very first shot, right out of the box, standing position, no gun rest, at 75 yards I put a one gallon plastic milk jug about 40 into the air. Price, Henry Big Boy Carbine! An enlarged lever loop. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. But more than that, its art. He ended up shooting a full box of 50 rounds thru the 44, then decided his shoulder needed a rest. Really quality rifle improved by the longer sight picture and great machining from Skinner. I can shot the .357 (or .38s if you want to save some money) all day without a problem. Also kind of junky. Plus, in the day and age of The Freedom Group and ilk, its wonderful to support a company that is adamant about manufacturing quality rifles in the USA. shouldnt it be: I am confused. Capacity: 10 (.44 Magnum), 11 (.44 Special) This is one of the most fun guns to shoot. The weight of the rifle does absorb the recoil and the American walnut is second to none. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. After what I considered proper due dilligence, I bought the Henry. We are a professional and reliable online shopping center providing a variety of hot selling products at reasonable prices and shipping them globally. It was annoying enough that after two outings it became a safe queen. Henry Varmint Express 17 HMR Large Loop Lever Action Rifle $622.00 $549.99; In Stock Brand: Henry; Item . The bolt steel comes from Pittsburgh. All I want is a good hog gun. Machined steel levers that will "drop in" for easy installation with no gunsmithing required. ($1.10 / round), Federal 44 Rem Mag 225 gr Barnes Expander Vital-Shok 20/Box You wont see me trying to cram any business cards between the wrist and the receiver flat, but you can make out a Van Eyck-esque distorted reflection of my hands and camera as I took the picture. It wouldnt be a prudent choice for stalking brown bear. They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. -shooters, hunters and antis alikewill gaze at it thinking goddamn, thats one beautiful rifle. Just talking about it has me wanting to shoot it so I think Ill get her out of the safe and go punch some holes in paper . Ahhh! Weighing in at just under 6 lbs. Advantages: Cheap solution to a problem. Time and tide passed and with a long string of bolt guns, have come full circle back to a Henry Big Boy in .44 mag. Cleaning the Henry Big Boy takes longer than most rifles; most rifles dont beg you for a final polish with Brasso after youve wiped off the soot and fingerprints. You also cant beat their customer service. Great review, Chris! Product Details Details Series/Collection: Big Boy Steel Action: Large Loop Lever Trigger Type: Standard Muzzle Type: Target Crown Magazine Capacity: 7 Caliber/Gauge: 44 Magnum/44 Special Twist Rate: 1:20" Orientation: Right Safety: Transfer Bar Sight: Brass Bead Front, Fully Adjustable Semi-Buckhorn with Diamond Insert Rear Barrel Material: Steel YES expect the rear iron sight to fail! Henry Repeating Arms Cant wait to shoot it. I bought it to go with my Taurus Raging Bull (6 1/2 barrel) .44 Mag. Needs: Like a pair to take back our country before we have nothing left. How can I go about locating a destributer for this area for a local gun shot to obtain these rifles for me? The recole on this thing is average, my 14yr old son who weighs in a a buck 5 soaking wet could fire it easy. My new favorite gunsmith who also runs my new favorite gun store; Shooters Den of Georgia, a Henry Gold Dealer, mounted a Vortex Razor Red Dot sight on my .44 Magnum Big Boy Carbine. If you are looking for a leaver action riffle and not worried about Speed loading this bad boy is for you. Only found 2 posts with .41M mentioned. Another 10 rounds out at the 75 yard berm took all 10 birds. The downfall of a side loader in modern times is the sore pinched thumb that comes with pushing pistol cartridges into the mag and more importantly, having to work the action over and over and over to unload the magazine. thanks ed hull. My son bought me one for my birthday 4 years ago. I have a .357/.38 that I have used in Cowboy Action Shooting for two seasons and would not trade it for anything. You know that was in the works at the time of my inquiry but could they tell me that? Own one in 44mag best handload ive found(please be carefull) hornandy 240gr xtp 24.5gr win. Accurate. The .45 Colt Big Boy will run every bit as wild as the .44 magnum so if you want the power, dont forget the .45 Colt. Had the same ejection problem with my .44 using the same ammo. Lacking the precision that only a scope (or better eyes and a precision aperture sight) can provide, I can only estimate at the Henry Big Boys potential accuracy. I should call henry. David, I too am loading my own 45 colt for my Taurus Judge and want to load a little Hotter for the Henry, You sound like the man I need to talk to. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! Two pieces of para-cord, one 8 inch length (roughly), the second 16 inches (roughly). 2023 Henry RAC Holding Corp. All Rights Reserved. I have a .22 henry that I broke the sight on. All rights reserved. You see I am a retired Army Officer, Ranger. We have a lifetime warranty on all Henrys and hope you will contact us to get the issue fixed up. This Ranger Sling is what we used on our M-16s prior to all the really cool and expensive aftermarket products became available (old-school). Turns out he needed money for something and needed it fast so he priced it low. That, dear readers, is quality control. Gorgeous gun. I still get a thrill every time I take it out of the case to clean it or just to look at it. The rifles original stock cracked at the wrist after the rifle took an unintentional tumble (Farago almost cried). away. Factory sights are fine to 50 yards, not so good at 100 yards, unless its my 72 year old eyes? It is sooooooooooooooooooo fun to shoot. I hope I do not get into trouble, but I am including his contact information right out of his catalog contact page. Visit us on the web at http://www.henryrepeating.com, Henry Made in America or Not Made at All. He loved the rifle but needed some money and sold it to me for a well spent $525. or Plenty of companies make lever actions with loading gates on the receiver. Can you help? Stock The .44 Magnum can also shoot .44 special rounds, and the .357 Magnum can also shoot .38 special rounds. Ive had a Marlin 30/30 since I was a kid but the brass look and the more comfortable design of the old style levers are great. Com there is sling options with a leather strap type system that fits over the butt stock and just a clamp-on that fits over to the magazine tube and right there you dont have to drill any holes or anything and it works Fantastic Four months I think I paid about 80 bucks for mine for the total system comes in different colors to its well worth it and I have it on my 22 magnum Henry rifle also. loaded. Henry says only use under a 260. Will this gun handle the +p rounds safely? I purchased a Henry .22 in about 1997 it was the first to be imported into Australia. 2007-2023 Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. For someone stalking game in heavy brush, forest or swamp this would be a great choice to have. Soon to be adding a tang sight. I must mention quality control: I dont think it gets any better than this. If you dont have the drilled receiver, the stock sight can be replaced by a Skinner peep as well. Fine for a 100 yard walk from my pu truck to a tree stand or ground blind but if I have to walk for a good part of the day no thanks.

Horse Riding Dofe Residential, Sa Health Scrubs, Midwayusa Waxed Canvas Takedown Shotgun Case, Articles H

Copyright ©️ Lemon Studios 2023, All rights reserved.