I wish one of these were true. By the time they reached San Diego on October 7th, however, no such gigs had materialized, although the Stones had tracked down veteran R&B sax player Lee Allen in Chicago for some jamming, and were hoping to entice Sonny Rollins (who plays sax, uncredited, on three cuts on Tattoo You) to join them for some East Coast dates later in the tour. List of all The Rolling Stones tour dates, concerts, support acts, reviews and venue info. Shattered mixed with blues numbers and Chuck Berry covers ("Sweet Little Sixteen" in particular, in light of his music's influence on Keith Richards and 1978 being the Stones's sixteenth anniversary), as well as including a large number of songs from the then-newly-released Some Girls LP. They are both excellent quality soundboard recordings with really nice balance and clarity. Performance & security by Cloudflare. But shorn of extravaganza, its clear that these Stones can only barely do it at all. Kiss Paul Stanley Has 'Thoughts' About Parents Who Support Kids Gender Identities A few dozen fans were allowed to enter the stadium to attend these rehearsals. But theres danger of little more than lip service being paid to the attitudes and music that earned the Stones their reputation. August, 1982. It was the largest grossing tour of 1981 with $50 million in ticket sales. Respectable Rolling Stones 1978 06.17 - rirocks.net (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction Far Away Eyes is anotherfun number, and is followed by a great version of Love In Vain. Wood plays the slide solo andpeople by the recorder sing along. Love In Vain The Rolling StonesJFK Stadium Philadelphia June 17th, 1978, The Palladium New York City June 19th, 1978. The edit between sources is very smooth and nice handled. One assumes it is from the same show, but there is no clear indicationone way or another. The 180,000 people who turned out to see the opening shows of the Rolling Stones 1981 concert tour at Philadelphias John F. Kennedy Stadium couldnt have cared less that the band was out of shape and two or three times older than many of those in the audience. Philadelphia Journal courtesy Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. hitchhike from Providence which must have taken around 6 hours but we managed to The real limits of these performances, though, werent technical but conceptual. ad & ticket stub courtesy The Rolling Stones at JFK Stadium in 1978 726 Related Topics Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America North America Place 67 comments Best Add a Comment art-man_2018 3 mo. It also helps that the band has been streamlined. The Rolling Stones' US Tour 1978 was a concert tour of the United States that took place during June and July 1978, immediately following the release of the group's 1978 album Some Girls. Mick Jagger performs at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia on June 17, 1978 on the Some Girls tour. This is a gesture to maturity, just as Love in Vain is a gesture to the blues. Continuing a schedule started in 1966 of touring the United States exactly every three years, the Stones played in a mixture of theatres, sometimes under a pseudonym (i.e., at the start of the 1978 US Tour in Lakeland, Florida, The Stones were billed on the ticket as "The Great Southeast Stoned Out Wrestling Champions"), arenas, and stadiums, a practice that they would follow for many of their future tours as well. CIA Director, Noam Chomsky Named in Epstein's Private Calendar: Report Mick introduces the final new song of the set by saying, Shattered, splattered, shit on.There is a short delay in getting the equipment ready so Jagger sings the chorus in monotone, shidoobee, shidoobee,shattered shattered while waiting. So, despite the boomy sound (the stadium is best known as the site of motorcycle races and high-school games) and the sometimes grating rustiness of the groups stage act, the Stones grabbed the crowd with the opening strains of Under My Thumb and never let go through a hit-filled twenty-six-song set that lasted more than two hours. Secluding themselves in the Barclay Hotel in midtown Philadelphia, they commandeered thirty-four rooms on three floors (Keith Richards and Charlie Watts on one floor, Ron Wood and Bill Wyman on another, Mick Jagger on the third) and maintained a low profile until the eleven a.m. show time on the first day. [1] Listed), jazzbo on Bob Dylan USA box Vol. The best-received moments were ritualistic gestures the opening chords of Brown Sugar, a snippet of Satisfaction, Jagger wiggling out to the stages wings and anything unexpected was simply ignored. The Dog N Cat has very good sound quality and is from the cassette. I was there. But the fact is that Jagger is right when he says hes just another singer in another rock & roll band. Active for six decades, they are one of the most popular and enduring bands of the rock era. of Paul Fernandes, pictures courtesy CIA Director, Noam Chomsky Named in Epstein's Private Calendar: Report Rolling Stones Gather Momentum - Rolling Stone Were gonna do one called Beast Of Burden.'. Probably because Mick Jagger sings Love in Vain exceptionally well. The promoters . Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) (The Temptations cover)05. from the new album "Some Girls" we had a blast and after the show was over we Careful Axeman Eugene on New releases from Blind Faith, Clapton, Kiss, & Judas Priest! You Can't Always Get What You Want14. Reportedly, both nights drew a ridiculous attendance of 90,000 spectators it was not only the highest grossing tour of the year, per Wikipedia . They have performed more than 2,000 concerts around the world and across 7 decades, to date. Brown Sugar24. Tour: We Start Me Up20. 2 (Crystal Cat CC 1139-44), Stuart on Bob Dylan USA box Vol. Brown Sugar Hang Fire17. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. The tape for this concert is very good and clear enough although a bit constricted. JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, PA - August 29th, 1989 Disc 1 (71:10): Start Me Up, Bitch, Shattered, Sad Sad Sad, Undercover Of The Night, Harlem Shuffle, Miss You, Tumbling Dice, Ruby Tuesday, Play With Fire, Dead Flowers, One Hit (To The Body), Mixed Emotions, Honky Tonk Women, Rock And A Hard Place At least the front cover of Mick Jagger is taken from the correct tour and isnt in reverse as the VGP cover is. The Who + The Clash + Santana + The Hooters. First two shows in Philadelphia were marred by sound issues, but the Stones played on. Black Limousine08. Rolling Stones - Live 1981 - Philadelphia (1) - YouTube Just My Imagination The Rolling Stones are an English rock band formed in London in 1962. This gap-year from touring prompted Keith Richards to join Ronnie Wood on his 1979 United States solo tour, to promote his then-album Gimme Some Neck, in the process forming the band The New Barbarians. The 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time. 3 - 1965/66 - Big Hits & America Calling, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Jun 17 1978 The Rolling Stones Setlist at John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA, USA Edit setlist Tour: Some Girls Tour statistics Add setlist Setlist Let It Rock ( Chuck Berry cover) All Down the Line Honky Tonk Women Star Star When the Whip Comes Down Miss You Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) ( The Temptations cover) Respectable Jagger can claim that the band does new material to avoid repeating itself, but thats a little silly considering that Respectable, for instance, is just a rewrite of Rocks Off, and that When the Whip Comes Down is only a reworked Hand of Fate. What the program really did point up is how much the quality of the groups material has slipped: anyone who can listen to Star Star, hardly the greatest Stones song, back to back with Whip, which is near the top of the new crop, and not think the band has lost a great deal in the past five years just isnt paying attention. 1982 25 Sep. The Stones reportedly were unhappy with the Philadelphia shows. Honky Tonk Women Like the 1972 and 1975 U.S. tours, Bill Graham was the tour promoter. Click to reveal (In Buffalo, the second stop on the tour, forty-knot winds destroyed the original stage set, requiring the erection of a duplicate, and Jaggers mike kept smacking into his mouth as he sang, necessitating dental work at the next stop on the tour Rockford, Illinois, where the Go-Gos opened to repair the loosened diamond embedded in his right incisor. Barry Recap: A Tragic Death Shakes Up Bill Haders Dark Satire. At first people cheered then it became target practice. The Rolling Stones at Oakland, CA, 1978 by Robert Altman. 1978-06-17.- JFK Stadium, Philadelphia (LP 1) The Rolling Stones Rolling Stones Recorded a New Song With Paul McCartney. We decided to hitchhike from Providence which must have taken around 6 hours but we managed to Tumbling Dice is in lesser sound quality and sounds likeitcomes from a different source as the rest of the concert. Opening night of Still Life Tour, JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, September 25, 1981 : Under My Thumb * When The Whip Comes Down * Neighbors * Just My Imagination * Shattered * Let's Spend The Night Together * Black Limousine * She's So Cold * Time Is On My Side * Beast Of Burden * Waiting On A Friend * Let It Bleed * You Can't Always Get What You Want * Tops * Tumbling Dice * Hang Fire * Let Me Go * Little T\u0026A * Start Me Up * Miss You * Honky Tonk Women * All Down The Line * Brown Sugar * Jumping Jack Flash * Street Fighting Man * Satisfaction Street Fighting Man26. The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band is back on tour in 2022 and tickets for all cities and shows are on sale now! We decided to Andy Little, 17, from Westfield, N.J., had made $400 selling tickets for up to $40 each that he had bought for $17 apiece. of Paul Fernandes, The Rolling Stones - Some Girls Tour Interview June 1978, The Rolling Stones - Miss You (Long Outtake) 1978, The Rolling Stones "Some Girls" (full album), *Note: if you ' It isa fun track and the audience get into it, and afterwards he says, Are you respectable? The Rolling Stones John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA - Sep 26, 1981 Sep 26 1981 Last updated: 23 Apr 2023, 20:44 Etc/UTC The Rolling Stones Gig Timeline Previous concerts The Rolling Stones Civic Auditorium, Oshawa, ON - Apr 22, 1979 Apr 22 1979 The Rolling Stones Sir Morgans Cove, Worcester, MA - Sep 14, 1981 Sep 14 1981 Sep 25, 1981 In the early 1960s, the Rolling Stones pioneered the gritty, rhythmically driven sound that came to define, The Rolling Stones are an English rock band formed in London in 1962. The Rolling Stones at JFK Stadium in 1978 : r/philadelphia - Reddit (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction Tumbling Dice Fleetwood Mac Clicks Without Nicks - Rolling Stone Concert History of JFK Stadium Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United Use coupon code: RSMFLASHBACK50 at checkout (Two per customer, excludes auction listings) September 25 & 26, 1981 - Rolling Stones Comeback to Philly to Reclaim Their . No you dont look it. The Rolling Stones Tour Announcements 2023 & 2024 - Songkick Mediocre performances in New York and Philadelphia generate questions about the Stones' shaky present and uncertain future. The Rolling Stones at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, June 17, 1978 A disrespecting bunch. The Rolling Stones concerts at JFK Stadium on Philadelphia Concerts at JFK Stadium - Guestpectacular Rolling Stone is a part of Penske Media Corporation. (Graham himself was a colorful sight in Philadelphia, tearing around backstage with a red garter on his arm and a perfectionists fire in his eyes.) Magyar vagyok, nem tudok rni angolul! You have any sixteen year old girls? Philly turns out to be an average show for the tour. There was a garbage truck stuck in the middle of the crowd just trying to get out. Under My Thumb02. . The Rolling Stones at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, June 17, 1978 [Credit: Henry Ray Abrams Collection] (6607x4239) . Another act opening that day was Etta James, famous for her classic song At Last. 90,000 in Philadelphia Cheer Rolling Stones' Tour He fell off the opposite side so we have no idea how bad he was hurt. The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels Tour Rehearsals - Philadelphia, JFK Stadium, August 28th 1989.During summer 1989, The Rolling Stones rehearsed for their "S. Nonetheless, their performances abysmally muddy the first day, spirited and surprisingly effective the second made audible points with the sizable hard-pop contingent in attendance. Clearly, the best was yet to come. Roughly 2,5 million concert goers attended the concerts, setting various ticket sales records. 1981 26 Sep. The efficient tour management gave the Stones plenty of time to concentrate on working out the kinks in their performances. The Rolling Stones - September 25th, 1981 John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA, USA (2022)01. Rock and Roll Animals: Listen to The Rolling Stones at JFK Stadium Opening night of Still Life Tour, JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, September 25, 1981 : Under My Thumb * When The Whip Comes Down * Neighbors * Just My Imagination. Many the back of the truck, smashing bottles of the side. Then some dude got on top of the back and started dancing. All rights reserved. The Rolling Stones - 08-28-1989 - Steel Wheels Tour - YouTube it We want to hear it. The Rolling Stones - September 25th, 1981 John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA, USA (2022)01. The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time On August 28, 29, and 30, 1989, In preparation for opening their 1989 Steel Wheels tour in Philadelphia (Veterans Stadium, August 31, 1989), the Rolling Stones set up their stage inside JFK Stadium for two full dress-rehearsal performances on August 28 and 29, 1989. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. JFK Stadium has had 39 concerts. Miss You And so I found myself moved only once during these two shows: after Keith Richards had been flailing away at the crashing chords of Jumping Jack Flash, the Palladium shows final song, and was sagging from fatigue at its conclusion. Being a local hero didnt hurt Thorogood any, either. it was quite a site to see the crowd on their feet as the Stones kicked off their 3rd performance at Arrowhead Stadium (their first was '75, their latest was in '89 . Rolling Stone is a part of Penske Media Corporation. All Down the Line23. Rolling Stones - JFK Philadelphia 1978 (Dog N Cat DAC-078) She's So Cold09. We did see first aid work their way through the crowd. The concerts featured backing vocals by Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards, something that the Stones would get away from beginning with their next tour when Richards handled the majority of the backing vocals himself. tickets would be available. In addition to the complete concert, the DVD included footage of the tour rehearsals and the three songs the Rolling Stones performed live on the Saturday Night Live television show in October 1978.[2]. Keith Richards, crouched close to the floor as if preparing for jungle combat, and Ron Wood pumped out the trademark licks for Lets Spend the Night Together, Let It Bleed, Mona, All Down the Line, Honky Tonk Women and, from their new album, Neighbours and Start Me Up.. Opening acts were Journey and George Thorogood & the Destroyers. [url=https://www.setlist.fm/edit?setlist=3bd6ecc0&step=song]Edit this setlist[/url] | [url=https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-rolling-stones-bd6ad22.html]More The Rolling Stones setlists[/url], John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA, USA, The Rolling Stones Live Debut 1966 Track at Madrid Tour Kickoff, Setlist History: The Rolling Stones Live Debut 5 Songs in 1973, 7 Years Ago The Rolling Stones Played 14-Song Set at The Echoplex, Rolling Stones Play 25 Songs on Keith's Birthday This Day in 1981, John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA, Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me). We want to hear it. You have to be young to stand Trending Jagger wears blazers and golfing caps onstage these days, which is reminiscent of nothing so much as Bob Hope or Jerry Lewis, in The Delicate Delinquent. Either you believe, through thick and thin, that the Stones are the worlds greatest rock band, or else you think that claims fraud. in a stadium that size with 90,000 people behind you and on the sides. Barry Recap: A Tragic Death Shakes Up Bill Haders Dark Satire. It was the first tour featuring songs written with Ronnie Wood as an official member of the Rolling Stones, and his contributions from this period are considered by many Stones fans as some of his greatest with the band. didn't have tickets but we knew since they were playing a football stadium that The 50 Worst Decisions in Music History Logistics were being handled with military precision by Bill Grahams organization. In the early 1960s, the Rolling Stones pioneered the gritty, rhythmicall, The Best Of Faces: Good Boys When They're Asleep, The Yardbirds Story - Pt. Three years ago, in order to get through a two-and-a-half-hour performance, Jagger was obliged to take frequent breaks, and those were the slackest moments of all. After the show fans trashed the stage because they were pissed off., It takes a while for them to warm up and the opening numbers are delivered at a brisk pace, but the band delivers an effective show. Rolling Stones 1978 tour was a great summer. George Thorogood and the Destroyers were the perfect opening act: Thorogoods Chuck Berry-based R&B fetish nearly equals the Stones, and his bands sax-stoked, slide-guitar sound cut through the stadiums dense acoustics like a shiv. JFK Stadium Philadelphia, Philadelphia (US) Jul 13, 1985. The Rolling Stones opened their 1981 American Tour ("Tattoo You") with two shows at JFK Stadium, on September 25 and 26, 1981 in front of 90,000 fans each night. Tour: But circumstances conspire against that. Onstage, as on record, the Rolling Stones (whatever they may have once been) are now just another good rock band, and its no fairer to dismiss them as boring old farts despite the fact that their show is frequently very dull than it is to claim that they are still the greatest. But the fact that he could hold his own and more on the Stones sprawling, custom-made stage was still impressive. Trending In the theory, this ought to be the ideal presentation of the Stones, since for once no one can accuse them of doing it with mirrors. Chicago concerts Chicago concerts. The Rolling Stones Concert Setlist at John F. Kennedy Stadium The tape first surfaced on vinyl back in the late seventies onJFK Stadium (Phoenix Records 44771). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. it wasn't that bad of a crush until the band came on but over-all it was A typical set list for the tour, with minor variations involving one or two of the numbers being omitted: Last edited on 26 November 2022, at 11:21, Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me), "The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live In Texas '78 DVD/LP Review", "Rare 1978 photos of Rolling Stones fans at an epic Day on the Green", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Rolling_Stones_US_Tour_1978&oldid=1123916698, This page was last edited on 26 November 2022, at 11:21. Foreigner and Peter Tosh were the opening acts. The 50 Worst Decisions in Music History Even more interesting is how, after four older songs, they are allbunched together in the middle ofthe set. Luckily Somebody nailed him right in the forehead sending him off the truck. Get the The Rolling Stones Setlist of the concert at John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA, USA on September 26, 1981 from the Tattoo You Tour and other The Rolling Stones Setlists for free on setlist.fm!

Edit this setlist | More The Rolling Stones setlists
, [url=https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-rolling-stones/1978/john-f-kennedy-stadium-philadelphia-pa-3bd6ecc0.html][img]https://www.setlist.fm/widgets/setlist-image-v1?id=3bd6ecc0[/img][/url] When was the last concert at JFK Stadium? Under My Thumb02. Journey, which followed Thorogood at both Philadelphia dates, were less successful at commanding this formidable structure. Neighbours0. Let's Spend the Night Together07. The tour was the first in which Charlie Watts used the famous Gretsch drum set that he continued to play with the Stones until his death, as well as his first employment of a china cymbal as a crash. The Rolling Stones: Just Another Rock Band? The focus is still too incessantly on Mick Jagger to satisfy pre-Exile on Main Street buffs, but at least the concert is now at a workable length. It seemed obvious that they would get tighter and better as the tour progressed, no matter what setbacks might arise. The Stones finished the first days set with Satisfaction and the second days with Street Fighting Man. Then they were gone, leaving acres of stinking garbage and scores of buzzing heads in their wake. After all, the whole point of seeing the Stones in a blimp nest like JFK is not simply to hear them, but to spend some time with them. However, the facts dont support any of those extreme reactions. Or maybe, having changed your mind over the years, you feel betrayed. Fleetwood Mac and the Steve Miller Band, the two headliners, started out as blues bands and. get there the day before. JFK Philadelphia 1978 (Dog N Cat DAC-078) JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, PA - June 17th, 1978 Disc 1: Opening, Let It Rock, All Down The Line, Honky Tonk Women, Star Star, When The Whip Comes Down, Miss You, Just My Imagination, Respectable, Beast Of Burden How many concerts have there been at JFK Stadium? De azrt sirly az oldal, ha le tudnm tlteni, mg sirlyabb lenne! Without much hope, I wish them well. 87.120.9.10 Active for six decades, they are one of the most popular and enduring bands of the rock era. inside to get a good position in the front. The Rolling Stones Concert Setlist at John F. Kennedy Stadium

Acoaxet Club Membership Cost, Mepham High School Famous Alumni, Florida Vehicle Registration Number For College Application, White House Office Of Public Engagement Email Address, John Gotti Family Tree, Articles R

Copyright ©️ Lemon Studios 2023, All rights reserved.